Three Fathoms Cove Guided One Day Tour | Kayak or SUP
Choose between Kayak or Stand Up Paddle Board for this tour
Our guided tour starts from our facility in the village of Kei Ling Ha San Wai, northeast of Ma On Shan Country Park. Known for its gentle breezes and calm waters, this area is a welcoming environment for all kayakers and paddleboarders.
Depending on the water currents, you can see down as deep as three meters. During low tides, you will see mangrove crabs along the shore, especially the fiddler crab with one big claw and one small one. This is a great experience for city dwellers as it’s not something that people see often. On the paddleboard or kayak, you can also paddle alongside the mangroves and inspect them up close.
With the guidance of our instructors, the journey will reach Sham Chung, about 3 km from Kei Ling Ha, where there are many accessible spots for paddlers to get onshore. After a short walk along the trail, the view opens up as you reach the village. You will immediately recognize it because of the big green lawn and the little village house with the year it was built inscribed at the top. The village is well-preserved and being here makes you feel like you have traveled back in time.
Meeting Point: Kei Ling Ha San Wai No. 16 (Blue Sky Sports Club)
Tour location: Three Fathoms Cove
Points of interest: Three Fathoms Cove, Wu Chau, Sam Pui Chau, Sham Chung, Yung Shue O, fish rafts.
Price: $780/head^ (Same price for children of all age. Each child must be accompanied by at least one parent at all time)
Price Includes: Instructor(s), kayak or SUP equipment, safety gear, lunch* and commemorative gift#
Suitable age: 8 years old or above
Date: Saturday or Sunday
Time: 10:00 – 16:00 (Please arrive 30 mins early)
*We’ll have lunch at Loi Kee Store, and if your lunch order exceeds $70 per person, customer’ll need to pay for the difference.
# Commemorative gift will either be a Speedo water bottle or a Seamesup towel. (Limited availability, first come first serve)
^ If any participant’s birthday is within the current month, the whole group can enjoy extra 10% off. Please contact us after booking to arrange.
- 09:30 Assemble at Kei Ling Ha Water Sports Centre
- 10:00 Safety briefing and equipment distribution
- 10:15 Depart
- 10:40 Arrived at Wu Chau
- 11:30 Arrived at Sam Pui Chau
- 13:00 Arrived at Sham Chung
- 14:30 Arrived at Yung Shue O and have lunch*
- 15:30 Prepare to return to Kei Ling Ha Water Sports Centre
- 16:00 Arrived at Kei Ling Ha Water Sports Centre
- Remark: the route is subjected to change depends on participants’ paddling speed and the weather, instructor’s decision shall be final.
Minimum participants: 4
- Tour can still be formed if less than 4 people provided full price of 8 people is paid (Private Tour).
- If less than 4 people we might arrange you to join another group.
- Tour might be canceled if there are less than 4 people joined.
Regarding member discounts:
- Please note that all member discounts are only applicable to individual Blue Sky and do not cover other participants.
- If other participants do have a valid membership, please make sure you have entered their membership email at the “Personal Information of other participants” session below, and contact us to make price amendment after you have submitted the booking.
Booking & Payment:
- After submitting the booking request, please wait for our confirmation email and payment instructions before payment to ensure availability.
- After receiving the emails, please use the link in our email to pay within 12 hours to reserve your spot.
What do I need to bring?
- Must bring: Water sports shoes that covers your toes, swimwear, extra clothing, hat, sunscreen, dry bag and drinking water of 750ml or more.
- You are also suggested to bring sunglasses (with a floating belt), put on sunscreen and insect repellent before the event. You’ll also need dry clothes for changing after the event.
- To start the event on time, please kindly change your clothes and settle your personal belongings in advance (Not applicable to Kei Ling Ha).
Bad weather and Cancellation policy?
- Please refer to our Cancellation policy for details.
I’ve got more questions!
- Please visit our FAQ to find your answer.