Sai Kung Island Hopping Kayak Adventure | With Beginner Class & Membership
About this tour：
- Explore Sharp island, Pak Sha Chau and Yeung Chau using kayak in one day! With the help of our professional instructors, you will venture into the UNESCO Global Geoparks where sites and landscapes of international geological significance are managed.
- In the morning, our internationally qualified instructors will first teach you the basic of using a kayak. After a short break, we will then bring you to the tranquility side of the Sai Kung islands and enjoy the beautiful views of various geological features of Sharp island, Pak Sha Chau and Yeung Chau, and learn different ecological knowledge along the way.
- After you have completed the tour successfully, you will be awarded a Kayak Beginner Certificate .
- No prior kayak experience is required for this tour.
- The paddling distance is relatively short for this tour and is suitable for the entire family or with a group of friends!
- All of our instructors are qualified by the International Surfing Association (ISA).
Tour location：Sai Kung Sha Ha Beach, Sharp Island, Yeung Chau, Pak Sha Chau
Assemble Point：Blue Sky Sports Club (Sha Ha Center)
(Same price for children of all age. Each child must be accompanied by at least one parent at all time)
Price Includes：Instructor, equipment, safety gear, digital certificate, membership and lunch
Suitable age：8 years old or above
Date：Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
Time：10:00 – 16:00 (Please arrive 30 mins early)
- 09:45 Assemble at Sai Kung Sha Ha Road
- 10:00 Kayak Beginner Course
- 12:00 Lunch (Included)
- 13:00 Depart to Islands Hopping (Sha Ha -> Yeung Chau -> Pak Sha Chau -> Sharp Island)
- 15:15 Arrive at Sharp Island and return to Sha Ha
- 16:00 Dismiss at Sha Ha
- Remark：The island hopping routine is subjected to change depending participants’ paddling speed, instructor’s decision shall be final.
Island hopping route:
About Sharp Island:
- Located in the Hong Kong UNESCO Global Geopark, this tiny elongated island is home to geological spectacles created 140 million years ago. It is perfect for visitors to enjoy natural wonders and paddling in the sea in one go.
- In 2002, The Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department set up buoys for coral conservation areas. Instructors would lead students paddle to Sharp Island and visit the beautiful underwater world of Sai Kung. Transparent Kayak could keep you dry while observing the coral and the natural life around it.
Kayak Beginner Class:
- Blue Sky Instructor(s) will teach you the basic ocean safety knowledge and the skills necessary to use a kayak. For example: How to avoid obstacles, recover from capsizing, get in and out of the kayak, planing your route and deal with different ocean current / weather.
- After you have completed the lesson successfully, you will be awarded a Kayak Beginner Certificate by Blue Sky Sports Club.
Blue Sky Membership:
- There are tons of benefits included with your Blue Sky Membership, include rental discount (up to 50% off), course & tour discount (up to 20% off) and able to join exclusives programs (such as team training) only for our Blue Sky members.
- Please note that all membership benefits are for the member her/himself only and cannot be transferred to others.
- Tour can still be formed if less than 8 people provided full price of 8 people is paid (Private Tour).
- If less than 8 people we might arrange you to join another group.
- Tour might be canceled if there are less than 8 people joined.
Booking & Payment:
- After submitting the booking request, please wait for our confirmation email and payment instructions before payment to ensure availability.
- After receiving the emails, please use the link in our email to pay within 12 hours to reserve your spot.
What do I need to bring?
- You are suggested to bring water, water shoes (cover heel and toes), sunglasses (with a floating belt) and a hat. Please put on sunscreen and insect repellent before the event. You may need dry clothes for changing after the event.
- Please wear water shoes / sports shoes for the event. Flip flops are NOT recommended.
- To start the event on time, please kindly change your clothes and settle your personal belongings in advance.
Bad weather and Cancellation policy?
- Please refer to our Cancellation policy for details.
I’ve got more questions!
- Please visit our FAQ to find your answer.