Geopark Double Sea Arches Adventure | SUP only
This is a SUP tour, SUP beginner certificate required. If you want to use kayak for this tour, click here.
About this tour：
- Explore two world famous geological sites with SUP in one day: Bluff Island Sea Arch & Tiu Chung Sea Arch.
- Both sea arches are part of the UNESCO Global Geoparks where sites and landscapes of international geological significance are managed under the holistic concept of protection, education and sustainable development.
- The Geopark Double Sea Arches Adventure is a full day tour. Our internationally qualified instructors* will first bring your group to the Bluff Island and Tiu Chung Chau by boat. After arriving at the destinations, we will switch to SUP in order to explore the nearby geological landscapes (including the Bluff Island Sea Arch & Tiu Chung Sea Arch) in close proximity which you can’t normally do so by boat. After the exciting adventure, our instructor will then bring the whole group to the nearby Kau Sai Chau to have a relaxing afternoon. We will disembark and explore the villages, as well as enjoy a wonderful lunch in the peaceful island before returning to Sai Kung Sha Ha.
- *All of the Blue Sky instructors are qualified by the International Surfing Association (ISA) and have years of touring experience.
About Bluff Island Sea Arch:
- Bluff Island which is part of the Ung Kong Group, features spectacular hexagonal rock column and sea cliffs that make the Geopark famous. These towering sea columns and cliffs dominate the senses as you paddle underneath them. As the coastline here is very exposed with no natural barriers to offer protection, the water has sculpted sea arches, sea caves and many rocky beaches which you’ll have plenty of chances to explore! Using SUP or Kayak, our qualified guide will bring you to have a closer look at these magnificent views from the sea and take your breath away.
- As the Ung Kong Group is within the core protection area of the UNESCO Global Geoparks, and in view of the strong wind, big waves and dangerous terrain, sightseeing is suitable only on calm days, and only kayak / sup / boat tours with no land excursion.
About Tiu Chung Sea Arch:
- Located at the south of the larger island of Kau Sai Chau which is part of the UNESCO Global Geoparks, Tiu Chung Chau’s landscape features various interesting landforms such as sea caves, stacks, arches and inlets, thanks to years of exposure to the easterly winds and sea waves. Its bell-shaped Arch Columnar joints are similar to those in High lsland but different in shape probably because the cooling environment of the rock was different. In the south of Tiu Chung Chau, the headland was detached from the rock mass due to extended wave impact, forming a stack known as “Kam Chung Ngam’.
- The 30m high Bellshaped arch is rated as the most beautiful of its kind in Hong Kong. Tiu Chung Arch has the resemblance of a bell hence the name. Tiu Chung Arch in the southern part of the island has been regarded as one of the famous “Four Sea Arches” of Hong Kong. The 30-meter-tall arch can be sailed through when tides are low on a fine day and the weather stable. But people can also land on the island and climb uphill — the renowned arch will then appear as the wagging tail of an adorable goldfish.
Tour location：Sai Kung Sha Ha, Ung Kong Bay / Bluff Island, Tiu Chung Chau, Kau Sai Chau
Meeting Point：Blue Sky Sports Club (Sha Ha Center)
Summer Offer： $890/head (Same price for children of all age. Each child must be accompanied by at least one parent at all time)
Price Includes：Instructor, SUP Equipment, Safety Gear and Lunch
Suitable age：8 years old or above
Date：Please refer to the calendar below
Time：10:00 – 16:00 (Please arrive 15 mins early)
- 09:45 Assemble at Sai Kung Sha Ha
- 10:00 Depart to Ung Kong Bay / Bluff Island by boat
- 10:45 Arrive at Ung Kong Bay / Bluff Island (Switch to SUP to explore)
- 11:45 Depart to Tiu Chung Chau by boat
- 12:15 Arrive at Tiu Chung Chau (Switch to SUP to explore)
- 13:00 Depart to Kau Sai Chau by boat
- 13:30 Arrive at Kau Sai Chau (Lunch included)
- 15:00 Prepared to depart for Sha Ha
- 16:00 Arrive at Sai Kung Sha Ha
- Remark: the route is subjected to change depends on participants’ paddling speed and the weather, instructor’s decision shall be final.
- Tour can still be formed if less than 8 people provided full price of 8 people is paid (Private Tour).
- If less than 8 people we might arrange you to join another group.
- Tour might be canceled if there are less than 8 people joined.
Booking & Payment:
- After submitting the booking request, please wait for our confirmation email and payment instructions before payment to ensure availability.
- After receiving the emails, please use the link in our email to pay within 12 hours to reserve your spot.
What do I need to bring?
- Must bring: Water sports shoes that covers your toes, swimwear, extra clothing, hat, sunscreen, dry bag and drinking water of 750ml or more.
- You are also suggested to bring sunglasses (with a floating belt), put on sunscreen and insect repellent before the event. You’ll also need dry clothes for changing after the event.
- To start the event on time, please kindly change your clothes and settle your personal belongings in advance (Not applicable to Kei Ling Ha).
Bad weather and Cancellation policy?
- Please refer to our Cancellation policy for details.
I’ve got more questions!
- Please visit our FAQ to find your answer.