Sharp Island Coral Reef Guided Tour | Clear Bottom Kayak
About this tour：
- In the Sharp Island Coral Reef Guided Tour, we will first take you to the island by boat. Our experienced guide will then lead you to the tombolo of Sharp Island, where you can explore the nearby coral reef just beneath the waves. This long, unbroken coral reef is teeming with colorful marine life, and you can observe it all from the clear bottom of a kayak.
- Sharp Island’s most distinctive feature is the tombolo, a narrow strip of land made of rocks and sand on its western side. With our clear bottom kayak, you can see many corals of different colors and shapes. The wavy, undulating cactus coral (Pavona spp.) is one of them, where fish, crabs, and sea urchins sometimes hide within its folds. You may also spot large spheres of elaborately grooved brain coral (Platygyra spp.) and delicately swaying bowl coral (Turbinaria spp.). Stripy sergeant fish, schools of yellow-tailed Chinese demoiselles, multi-colored wrasses, and various vivid butterfly fish also live among the coral.
Tour location：Sai Kung Sha Ha and Sharp Island
Meeting Point：Blue Sky Sports Club (Sha Ha Center)
Summer Offer： $690/head (Same price for children of all age. Each child must be accompanied by at least one parent at all time)
Price Includes：Instructor, Clear Bottom Kayak Equipment and Safety Gear
Suitable age：8 years old or above
Date：Please refer to the calendar below
Time：10:00-13:00 / 14:00-17:00 (Please arrive 15 mins early)
- 09:45 Assemble at Sai Kung Sha Ha Road
- 10:00 Depart for Sharp Island by boat
- 10:15 Arrive at Sharp Island and explore nearby points of interest, including the coral reef with our clear bottom kayak
- 12:45 Prepare to return
- 13:00 Arrive at Sai Kung Sha Ha Road and dismiss
- 13:45 Assemble at Sai Kung Sha Ha Road
- 14:00 Depart for Sharp Island Island by boat
- 14:15 Arrive at Sharp Island and explore nearby points of interest, including the coral reef with our clear bottom kayak
- 16:45 Prepare to return
- 17:00 Arrive at Sai Kung Sha Ha Road and dismiss
- When appreciating the beauty and diversity of marine life in Hong Kong waters, please respect the marine environment and take note of the ‘Marine Conservation Codes’ — do not hurt or disturb any marine wildlife, do not touch or stand on the corals, do not dig up sand and rubbles, do not overturn stones and boulders, and do not collect any live or dead specimens.
- Tour can still be formed if less than 8 people provided full price of 8 people is paid (Private Tour).
- If less than 8 people we might arrange you to join another group.
- Tour might be canceled if there are less than 8 people joined.
Booking & Payment:
- After submitting the booking request, please wait for our confirmation email and payment instructions before payment to ensure availability.
- After receiving the emails, please use the link in our email to pay within 12 hours to reserve your spot.
What do I need to bring?
- Must bring: Water sports shoes that covers your toes, swimwear, extra clothing, hat, sunscreen, dry bag and drinking water of 750ml or more.
- You are also suggested to bring sunglasses (with a floating belt), put on sunscreen and insect repellent before the event. You’ll also need dry clothes for changing after the event.
- To start the event on time, please kindly change your clothes and settle your personal belongings in advance (Not applicable to Kei Ling Ha).
Bad weather and Cancellation policy?
- Please refer to our Cancellation policy for details.
I’ve got more questions!
- Please visit our FAQ to find your answer.